Sunday, January 24, 2010

Work in progress

I have two projects to finish these days, and they are as different as my plans for the future. I am writing a magazine article for Boxcar Bertha, the famous Hobo heroine, and inspiration for one of Scorsese's early movies. It is going to be part of series of articles on the Underground Culture. It's kinda cool, giving that the apartment I live in now is a stone throw away from where Orwell used to live in while pretending to be a Hobo in London, the "background research" if you will for his Down and Out in Paris and London. The area has improved, needless to say. So have rents. Anyway, the other thing I'm writing, or I should have written 2 days ago if I was not too busy perendinating, another great word I learned today, is an essay on insider trading. Quite a sexy topic when it comes to economic justifications, quite dull when it comes to enforcement and regulation, which is what I have to write about. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment